Friday, November 26, 2010

Article Response

I try to manage my time between using my computer and schoolwork. Although, I must admit that sometimes it does feel hard to get off Facebook and do homework just like Vishal. However, I don't think that my time online has a particularly negative relationship with my grades. On occasional procrastinating causes me to hand assignments in a day or two late, but not the inability to stop using my computer.
I don't believe that technology to amplifies my personality. I suppose it does let me express my self, by shooting a photograph and digitally manipulating it into a work of art.
The author did a really good job in describing the ways how technology may affect teenagers. However, there was no mention of the fact that the students are also just plain lazy. The teens that let texting and YouTube steer them away from performing as good as they can at school, may already have bad work habits. Coupled with numerous distractions that technology may offer, poor work habits will inevitably result in poor grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment